Priority settlement visa timescale

• Hi,
    Wondering if anybody can help with regards to priority settlement visa application average time scales. My husbands application was submitted in Banjul, The Gambia 7 weeks ago (33working days and counting). I was advised by my solicitor it would take upto four weeks (based on evidence of recent applications) but we still havent recieved word. The TLS contact center says only that priority service visas will be put before standard settlement visas. No average time scale for priority visas on the Gov website, just cant seem to find out whats going on?
    Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated,
    With thanks
    Siobhan

• Immigration Adviser

Dear Shiv,

I am sorry for the delay in responding to your last message - have you any further update for us?

• Helloo again,
    I have an update but still need abit of clarification.. so i found a link to the gov website application tracker for applications made within the uk, however our application was made from Banjul but i read you can try but it just kept saying ID number not recognised UNTILL today! It now says the application status changed on the 9th of May 2017 and that it has been decided and should be with us within 10 working days.. today is the 26th june and i last checked it on friday 23rd june when it still said number not recognised! I havent recieved any email saying a decision has been decided and im concerned that its well over the 10 working days since the application was decided?
    Hope this makes sence and any advise would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance

Shiv

• Immigration Adviser

Dear Shiv,

Vignette is the word they use for the sticker placed in the passport when a visa is granted. So the fourth tick will come when a decision is made - it just means you're still waiting I'm afraid!

• Hi again,
    We still have no word but i was wondering what the ticks mean on the tls contact website application status..
    We have 3 ticks so far, one for 'filling',one for 'submission' and one for 'application support' but the fourth just says 'vignette' with no tick.. i have no idea what this means?
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Many thanks
    Shiv

• Immigration Adviser

Dear Siobhan,

Recent data for Banjul shows most standard applications are processed within 4-8 weeks, so you would expect to have a decision soon. The priority service simply places the application at the front of the queue, and does not always unfortunately guarantee speedy processing.

I hope that you do not have to wait much longer and that the outcome is positive - do let us know once you have received the decision.

Best Wishes
    Kim

Looks like your connection to visr.co.uk was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.