Retained Right of Residence Help

• Hello,
    I'm an non-EU citizen married to an EU "Italian".
    Currently in UK with 5 year permit as an EEA family member "expires 29th of march".
    I'm separated/non legally,,,, from my wife after 11 years marriage and two kids together "kids born in UK".
    So far i think my only option is to apply for "Retained right of residence" please correct me if i'm wrong.
    My ex wife/ legally still married, don't want to support me with nothing at all and i have just one month time to submit an application so i can continue living and working in UK and see my kids grow up.
    Can someone please help,,, what options do i have, whats the correct application to do and what pages to fill. as there are 100s pages.

Or should i consider waiting 30 of march?
    Thank you in advance
    E.g

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @oF_,

Can you confirm if your Children are British or EEA Nationals? If your wife was permanently resident in the UK at the time of their birth they would be automatically British.

Thanks,

• Hi @Lauren, Thank you for the Replay
    My Children have EEA Nationality "Italian"
    Instead my wife lives in the UK since 1997. "note that my wife does not want to support in any way"

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @oF_,

If your relationship with your wife has ended then you can apply for a retained right of residence provided that your wife has a permanent right of residence in the UK or she is in the UK as a qualified person.

You would need to evidence the above for your wife and that your relationship has now broken down and that you also have access rights to your children.

Thanks,

• Hi ,
    I would like to seek advice about my application please !
    I have applied for a non eu permanent residence card in February , after divorce after 4 years and a half of marriage luckily my ex (EU national)provided me with all the required documents iclufing her employment history for the required years and few proves of our relationship in the period we’ve been together and Her passport as well .
    I received the finger prints letter and COA letter in the same month .
    I am still waiting for decision.
    My Ex needs her passport and documents urgently and is putting pressure on me every day by emails , I requested them in the begging of April , but still no answer ???
    Please could you advice what to do ?
    Note: I’ve gone through loads of forums which I saw the majority of applications took from one to two months to be decided I this period in addition to few people I know who applied recently ??
    Really stressed and confused what to do , any help would much appreciated .
    Thank you in advance.

• Immigration Adviser

@minwa

Unfortunately, these type of applications can take up to 6 months to be decided.

You could make another request for her documents and if you don't hear anything you should contact your local MP to chase this.

• @Jason t
    Thank you for your reply . I will wait as you said and see .
    Thank you again

• @Jason
    Thank you very much for your reply , just one more enquiry about the online status ; as I’ve read loads articles of people applied for permanent residence talking about thé application online status ( pending , decided .., )
    Is there a possibility to track my application ?