Citizenship by Descent

• Hi everyone,

I'm a U.S citizen (born in 1967) but both of my grandparents were born in Scotland and immigrated to the U.S illegally through Canada. They were born in 1904 and 1909, and my mother was born in Washington DC in 1934. There are no records of them ever being naturalised, although my grandfather did serve in the US Navy during WWII. Would I qualify for citizenship by descent if I have both of their birth certificates and record of arriving in Canada?

• @wayrob Hello, I did some searching for you, and according to this website

for those born outside of the UK between January 1949 and 31 December 1982, and who have a UK born grandparent, you may claim British citizenship under certain circumstances,
    two of the few circumstances are

• Your parents married before 1949 and your paternal grandfather was born in the UK.

• Your maternal grandfather was born in the UK and you were born in a "foreign country" (including SA, the USA and most European countries)

Maybe I am wrong about this, so it's better to wait for more opinions.

• If everything else fails and you can't find more information, there is one more thing that found:
    https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa
    One of the things that it requires is :
    are able to prove that one of your grandparents was born in the UK

You can apply for permanent residency after 5 years. This VISA itself is valid for 5 years.