• Hi there,

    Hoping someone can provide clarity or advice on my query. I am an Australian citizen currently on a Tier 2 General visa (sponsored by my employers) and came to the UK in late 2013 from Australia where I commenced living with my then girlfriend who is a Swedish National but has lived and worked in the UK since mid-2010. She has registered herself as not being a resident of Sweden with the Swedish tax authorities.

    We were married overseas in Sweden in August 2014 and I am now in the process of applying for a spouse visa however I am not sure whether I should be applying for an FLR(M) or a FLR(FP) visa as it is not clear what the differences are between the two.

    If someone could provide guidance to my query that would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

  • Immigration Adviser

    Dear @wacarey,

    My apologies for the delayed response. If you have not yet made the application you would be making an FLR(M) application based on completing 5 years as your wife's spouse before you can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

    If you still require assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

    Kind Regards,

Log in to reply