Points Based Calculator Closure

• Immigration Adviser

Any applicants using an overseas qualifications as part of an immigration application after 6 April 2016 will have to provide a NARIC Statement of Comparability, which is currently charged at £55.20. Just add that onto to the standard application fee, IHS surcharge, Biometric Enrolment Fee, Criminal Records fee, TB Certificate fee...

• @Emily Hello Emily,
    I had a doubt regarding Overseas qualifications. I will be applying for my naturalisation on the 18th April 2016. My settlement ( ILR) was granted on 14th April 2015. I called the Home Office help line today and they said that I could tick the option " Met requirements on or after 28th October 2013 in order to obtain settlement.
    I was advised that I could submit my original degree and the letter I submitted to the home office along with the covering letter which includes the points based calculator showing the points for language and degree awarded.
    Please clarify as I am terribly confused. Will the application not be valid if I submit that
    Thank you

• Immigration Adviser

Good Afternoon,

I apologise for such a delayed response. As your ILR was granted after 28th October 2013 you would not need to submit your Degree certificate or your Life in the UK certificate with your application. This is because the Home Office have previously seen these documents and you have been granted leave based on those documents. Please see page 14 of the below policy guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/583815/AN_Guide_-_January_2017.pdf

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,