husband applying from pakistan

• my friend told me that there is a new rule where my husband does not have to apply in pakistan any more. he can bring his documents to sheffield instead. is this true?

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @RonaZ,

Yes, you are correct that there was a change to the process for Spouse applications made from Pakistan that was introduced from 6 July 2015. Your husband will still need to make the application from within Pakistan by completing the online application form and submitting it from Pakistan. The difference is that the supporting documents should be sent to the UKVI in Sheffield instead of being provided at the Visa Application Centre in Pakistan. Your husband will, however, still need to attend the Visa Application Centre in order to provide his biometrics and passports.

Please refer to the following link for more information:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/changes-for-settlement-visa-applications-submitted-in-pakistan.

• thank you rebecca but how will they know that my husband's documents are for his application if they are in england? thanks.

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @RonaZ,

A GWF reference number will be generated when your husband submits the online application. You can print off a copy of the form after he has submitted it and include this with the supporting documents. The GWF number should be marked clearly on both the outside of the envelope and at the top right hand corner of the enclosed supporting documents. You will find more details in the link provided above including the address to send the documents to.

• Hi Rebecca, Im completely new to this. I need to call my husband over from pakistan on spouse visa. I am british. I have heard that i need to fill in both vaf4a and appendix 2 forms here and submit them with supporting documents to sheffield?

Amina.

• Hi Amina,

The Visa application form will need to be completed and submitted online. The Appendix 2 form will need to be sent with the supporting documents to Sheffield.

Best Wishes
    IJS

• Immigration Adviser

Thanks IJS - that is absolutely correct. It's worth noting that it is vital for Daisy's husband to submit the online form himself from Pakistan, as the Home Office do check IP addresses from time to time.

• Hi,

Just wanted to confirm if I need to put the GWF no. on the VAF4A Appendix 2 form?

A.

• Immigration Adviser

There is no need to put this on the Appendix 2.

• My spouse will be completing and submitting her spouse settlement visa online application from Pakistan soon.

I had a few questions I was hoping you could kindly help me with.

Firstly, on the online application form, the category of her application from the drop down options are coming up as 'settlement-settlement-wife', is this correct?

Secondly, once she completes her online form and gets an appointment date, will she need to submit a hard printout copy of her online application form & vaf4a appendix 2 form in Pakistan? Or is it just her passport, passport pic, and biometrics that she needs to submit in Pakistan? And would I be submitting her vaf4a appendix 2 form as part of the supporting documents to Sheffield?

Your help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

• @Kim
    hi 4 weeks ago my wife have applied for spouse visa from pakistan and i have send her supporting documents to Sheffield visa office but still i did not get any reply from them that they have received those documents or not..kindly guide me thanks.

• @Rebecca
    hi 4 weeks ago my wife have applied for spouse visa from pakistan and i have send her supporting documents to Sheffield visa office but still i did not get any reply from them that they have received those documents or not..kindly guide me thanks.