Tier 4 visa extension query

• Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me out with this quick query. I am currently filling out the application form for Tier 4 extension. Under one of the sections, I am asked to list all my addresses for the past 5 years. Unfortunately, I cannot remember all the address details as I moved around quite a lot when I first arrived in the UK - mainly living with friends and friends of friends. I was wondering what the previous addresses in this section are used for please?

Thanks

Morgan

• Immigration Adviser

Good morning @Langm5

The address history may be used for a number of things, such as when the Home Office run PNC (police national computer) checks on an applicant.

It is usually acceptable to list the month and year if you cannot remember specific moving dates, however, I would not advise leaving out addresses.

It may be an idea to order a credit report as this will usually list all of your previous addresses that you have been registered at.

• Thanks a lot for your help @Jason! Much appreciated

Just one more question: I have lived at 2 addresses recently - i.e. I spent half of my time at mine and half of my time at my partner's with mail going to both addresses during 2014 - 2015. Should I put both addresses down for that year? Can you put concurrent addresses in the address history bit?

Thanks a lot or all your help again!

• Immigration Adviser

Dear @Langm5

You could put down both addresses on the application form and explain this in a supportive letter, however, as only one of the properties was yours you could just put down that address, rather than your partners.