Spouse visa from outside the UK... advice?

  • Hi everyone,
    I am new to this topic, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    I am a UK passport holder, born in the UK but living in France with my husband who is from Morocco but who has permanent residency in France.

    We would like to move to the UK together.

    Looking at the gov.uk website, it seems that I would have to move back myself to the UK for six months or more and establish myself with a job and accommodation etc before we could then apply for him to join me as ‘family of a settled person’ .

    This means that he would have to stay in France during this time and we would absolutely have to spend six months apart.

    Is this correct?

    Has anyone been through this?

    Thank you in advance for any advice you might be able to provide.

    Kind regards,

  • Immigration Adviser

    Good Morning Lydia,

    Thank you for your questions. I can confirm that you do not have to return to the UK before your Husband, however, if you are using your current employment in France as evidence of meeting the financial requirement and you have held this position for over 6 months then you will also need to evidence that you have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of your return.

    The employment in the UK must be sufficient for you to meet the financial requirements which is an income of £18,600 per year. If you are using savings to meet the financial requirements there is again no requirement for you to return to the UK prior to your husbands application.

    You will need to show evidence of accommodation in the UK but this could be a letter from family or friends to confirm they are making a bedroom available to you both. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

  • This post is deleted!

Log in to reply