Spouse Visa from Philippines: VFS appointment delayed due to accident

• My wife is applying for spouse visa from Philippines. I (UK sponsor) already sent supporting documents to Sheffield, as VFS website says documents can be sent to Sheffield before biometrics.
    Two days ago, my wife had serious accident, so she had to postpone VFS biometrics appointment. New VFS appointment is 7 weeks after online application date.

Online application and payment: 4th April 2017
    Supporting documents received by Sheffield: 19th Apr 2017
    New VFS appointment for biometrics: 22nd May 2017

The most recent bank statement I sent to Sheffield was dated 10th April 2017, but that bank statement won't be within 28 days of 22nd May 2017 VFS appointment. Shall I send additional bank statements to Sheffield to meet 28 days rule?

Is there any maximum gap allowed between online application and VFS biometrics appointment for outside-UK applicants?

• Immigration Adviser

Dear Prolife,

I am sorry to hear of your wife's accident and the resulting difficulties you are now facing. The date of application should be taken as 4 April 2017, the date on which you paid the online fee - therefore the bank statements already submitted should be accepted. However there is no harm in sending further bank statements to Sheffield and explaining the situation. A decision will not be made until after your wife has provided biometrics however.

Best Wishes
    Kim

• Thanks Kim