Applying for certifying permanent residence

  • Hello.
    I have a question, please.
    I'm applying to the certifying permanent residence card under EEA Regulations.
    I've been in the UK since 01/09/2009 and always been working.
    But since 12/12/2016, because of a motorbike accident, I haven't as I got injured.
    I'm receiving Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
    It is ok, no?
    Does it apply the same as jobseeker?
    I'll wait for a reply.
    Thank you.
    Gabriela Aprile

  • Immigration Adviser

    Dear @gabi_aprile

    You must be able to provide evidence of medical certificates relating to your injury and why it is temporary.

    You would not be considered as a job seeker as this rule would mean that if you provided sufficient evidence you would still be considered as a worker under regulation 6(2).

    Once you have recovered you must return to work.

Log in to reply