Eligible for ILR (Long Residence) by switching from T2 ICT to T2 General

• Hi,

I started to work in UK using T2 ICT visa since Nov 2010. If i try to switch T2 General from T2 ICT, will i become eligible for ILR by Nov 2020 ?
    If yes, can you please confirm whether i can apply for switching over to Tier2 General less than 3 years VISA provided I've a licensed sponsor ?

Thank you.

• @rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Why do you want to switch your Visa ?

ILR can be apply after you have stayed in the UK for 5 years, so I don't see why not. ( https://iasservices.org.uk/indefinite-leave-to-remain/)

But your case seem complex, should get advices from your company or some kind of immigration law firm.

Good luck

• Immigration Adviser

Dear @Rajesh

Whether or not you can switch to Tier 2 General varies depending on when you applied for your initial Tie 2 ICT visa.

You can only switch in the following two scenarios:

• If you applied for your initial Tier 2 ICT before 6th April 2010, or
    • If you applied for you initial Tier 2 ICT before 6th April 2011 in the established staff category

If you fall into either of the above, then you will be able to switch to Tier 2 General. You can do this within the UK, providing your new employer is not your current sponsor.

If you would like further information regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact me on the email address below.

Many thanks