Advice please regarding spouse visa.

  • Hi all,
    I sincerely wish someone can help me answer some queries. I am going to start the process of applying spouse visa for my wife soon.

    I am British citizen living in UK. My wife is from Hong Kong and she lives in Hong Kong. We have married for three years. She has passed her English test recently.

    1. Which form do I need to use to apply for her spouse visa? Can I apply in UK for her? Can I apply on line?

    2. Also, we wanted to apply for my mother in law to come to live with us in UK? Will that be possible?

    Thank you in advance for all your helps.
    Kind regards,
    KC London

  • Immigration Adviser

    Dear KC_London,

    Many thanks for your enquiry to White Rose Visas.

    I understand you would like your wife to come to the UK on a spouse visa. She would need to make an entry clearance application online. You can apply for her from the UK and fill out all her details on the online application form for her. Once the application form has been submitted, your wife will need to go to the Visa Application Centre in Hong Kong and submit her documents on the appointment date you choose.

    You will need to create an account on the Visa4uk website. Once you have done so, you must select visa type “settlement” and complete some other details and the correct form will be created.

    Your mother in law will need to apply for a UK visa in her own right if she would like to live in the UK.

    If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Log in to reply