Just started self employment - Spouse Visa Extension question

  • Hi,

    I've just left my job last month and have become a self employed.

    My wife is here in the UK on spouse visa (2 and 1/2 years visa), which expires in end of January 2018.

    My question is when i fill in the application for her extension, can i give my Previous employers Payslip along with my self employed payslips i.e. When i apply in January 2018 (28 days bfo the visa expires) will i have to include 3 months wageslips from my previous employer and 3 from my self employment?

    Very confused. Ive rang the home office but no on there were sure either. Thanks for your help in advance.

  • Immigration Adviser

    Dear @fideo-hideo

    When a person is relying on income from self-employment they must use income from the last full financial year.

    This self-employed income CAN be combined with income from salaried employment, however, the salaried employment must fall within the same financial year that you are claiming for self-employed earnings.

    Unfortunately this means that you would have to wait until you are able to show evidence from self-employment for a full financial year rather than just 3 months.

Log in to reply