Tier 4 When A Spouse is UK Resident

  • Hello. I would like to apply for a Tier 4 visa to pursue a Masters of Science degree in a well reputed university in the U.K. The problem is, my husband lives in the U.K. (On DLR) and I'm really concerned this would affect my credibility. I also have a couple visit visa refusals. What are my options?


  • Immigration Adviser

    Dear @SFME

    The fact that your husband is in the UK should not affect your application for a Tier 4 visa as long as you have a CAS from the University and meet all of the requirements.

    Visit visas are considered differently and the caseworker assessing your visit visa may not have been satisfied that you planned to leave the UK at the end of your visit due to having family ties in the UK.