Sheffeild Office Delays?

• Hello!

I’m really hoping someone can shed some light on this here!
    I applied for a partner/common law visa for myself on October 20th, biometrics were taken October 26th and the Visa arrived at Sheffeild on the 4th of November. I’m aware that the Christmas period will cause a bit of delay, and I am aware it has not been the full 12 weeks since my application but the office is not able to tell us anything when we enquire. On do fferent forums I have seen people apply for their visas after me (non-priority) and receive them before me. I’m getting anxious and I know I’m not the only one in this situation! I’m wondering if sheffeild is experiencing a huge volume of visas and this is causing a delay for some? I’m so eager to return to the UK as I have a job waiting as well, the waiting is just killing me and the response to the £5.48 emails we get are always copy and paste answers.

I’m really hoping someone can just let me know the situation in sheffeild, should things still be working to be finished on a 12 week timeline? Will they email to let us know it will be longer as promised?

Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you can help !

Beverly

• Immigration Adviser

@bevost I am sorry to hear of your situation. Can you clarify where you are currently resident ie/ which VAC you gave your biometrics at?

• @kim

Hi Kim,

I am currently a resident of Canada and applied at the Toronto office.

Thanks

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @Bevost,

On checking the visa processing times for Toronto most settlement applications are decided within 120 days. This is based on decisions made in November 2017. Please see the below link for reference:

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/toronto-canada/settlement-visas/settlement

Unfortunately there are no set service standards for applications made outside of the UK. You could get your partner to contact their local MP to see if this can help push them along.

Kind Regards,

• @lauren

The email I received said it would be processed within 12 weeks of the application date, NOT 120 days.

We have also received an email to say we should have a decision by Jan 19th 2018, do you know if when they give a date where we should have a decision by, that it is usually done by that date?