Tier 2 dependant visa extension- 90 days maintenance query

• Hi all,

I have an urgent query about pbs dependent extension for my wife. I hold an ILR.This question is mainly regarding the 90 days maintenance period.
    we maintained £900 from 04/10/2017 till 4/01/2018... However we made the online application/appointment on 23/12/17 for 13th Jan 2018.

Does the 90 days count till the date of the application(23/12/2017) or the premium appointment(13/01/2018)? we counted 90 days till the date of the appointment.

Kindly someone help us with the query

Kind regards
    Dn

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @dn ,

The maintenance should be held in a bank account for 90 days which is taken up until the application submission date. Statements can be dated up to 31 days of the submission date. If you submitted the form online then the 3 months will be taken up until then. You therefore need to show September-October bank statements also.

Many thanks,

• @holly

Thanks Holly , unfortunately I was not aware of this and maintained funds only from Oct till now , since the date of the premium service was hard to get ,we applied sooner to get a convenient appointment.

My assumption was the date of appointment will be the date of application for premium service as my application will not be processed before the appointment.

Is there anything I can do now ,please advise.

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @dn

Please can I confirm that you submitted the online form, paid, as well as booking the appointment in December?

• @holly

Yes ,I did all the above and booked a premium service in Sheffield for 12th Jan.

Kind regards

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @dn
    Thank you for confirming this.

Unfortunately the date of submission of the online form is the date in which the maintenance funds should be shown up until. There is no way around this.

• @holly

Thanks Holly , should I cancel the application and make a new one but then I will lose the application fee.

I have also called the ukvi contact number today and got different replies.Two of the agents said date of the appointment and one of them said date of online submission.

I am not able to find out the procedure to cancel and make a new application.can you please guide me.

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @dn ,

You can cancel the appointment this would mean withdrawing the whole application and starting it again. You may lose an admin fee for cancelling the appointment of around £100. You should call the premium centre directly to cancel this.