UK TIER 5 Youth Mobility VISA (Japan)

• Hello!
    I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this situation, the gov.uk website has me baffled. I’m currently in the UK and my partner in Japan has started to apply for the tier 5 youth mobility visa to come here. There is a page on the website that states you need to send an email to an account that will only be open for 2 days then be chosen at random to proceed with your application. We sent that email.

Is this the way it has worked for other people? I don’t get when you can apply for the visa-
    Is the email thing necessary? We have not received any reply with regards to it yet. Granted it might be different for other countries - but any information re your own experiences would be incredibly helpful!

Thank you :)

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @BJTOKYO,

I have just checked www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk, which is how your partner would make the application, and the message states that if you are a Hong Kong national to send an email for confirmation you are able to apply.

If your partner is not a Hong Kong national he is not required to send this email and can create his application. If you need assistance with this application please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Kind Regards,