EEA Family Permit, my mother refused

• Good morning all, my mother has just been refused EEA Family Permit, they want a DNA test to proof she’s my biological mother, and also the funds sent to her is insufficient, I do send her £50 monthly which it’s equivalent is enough for her monthly upkeep in Nigeria. I have been given right of appeal, should I get DNA done and reapply or go through Appeal?
    Please somebody help, thanks all.

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @flickers

Due to the low cost of making an application for an EEA family permit and the fact that you now know what the Home Office require from you, it may be worth getting the DNA test done and submitting a fresh application.

Further to this, if the Home Office are not satisfied that you are sending enough money to her for her to be classed as dependent on you, I would advise either sending more or submitting evidence to show that this covers her monthly upkeep in Nigeria.

• @jason
    Thanks Jason, I’m in the process of getting a DNA done, I have just seen the reason they refused, no evidence to proof that the money sent is for her upkeep as no evidence to suggest this, having said that there isn’t anyway to proof that because Nigeria operates differently compare to the UK, one goes to a local market to shop for food and other items without receipt being given, any advice here this can be proofed or worded when reapplying?
    Thanks a lot for your advice.

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @flickers

If you'd like to discuss documents in more detail please do contact us at info@whiterosevisas.co.uk