ILR

• Hello, I was given a Leave to remain in 2013 on the basis of my three kids in custody of social service.
    I have been a dependant for 4 years on my husband who was a student as at that time. Due to issue with social service which involved him, we separated and he left the country. I was given a leave to remain of 2.5 years on the basis of my kids with no benefits. I have 2 to 3 jobs that i combined to make ends meet and I have renewed the leave to remain thrice now using my hard earn money. By July 2019, it will complete 10years of my legal stay in England including the years I spent as dependant on my husband. Will I be given an ILR on 10 years long residency?. I have never committed any offence and breached any immigration rules. I have a good job as an Executive officer with DWP plus some jobs I do over the weekends to survive since we the leave to remain is with no recourse to public funds. Please I just want to know if I am eligible for the long residence because I don't have time for my kids and my strength is failing on the various jobs I combine to survive. The Leave to remain was granted under article 20 I think.
    Thank you.

• Immigration Adviser

Dear Hannah,

Yes, if you’ve been in the UK legally for 10 continuous years by July 2019 you will be able to apply for ILR via long residency.

What are your children's' current immigration statuses?

• We all have the same immigration status. I have 3 kids, the Leave to remain was given while I was pregnant. I only applied for 2 of them and later applied for the youngest. When we were about renewing for the 2nd time, I did not apply for the youngest for lack of funds because the money was too much for me. I paid about £6000 for myself and the 1st two kids including NHS surcharge fees and lawyers's fee.