Applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain Protection SET (P)

• I am in the process of filling out my application for an Indefinite Leave to Remain Protection SET (P), but I am very confused with section 3 about dependants.

Section 3 question 3.1 states, do you have any dependents living in the UK. I have recently got married and my husband already has an ILR which he has got under the 10-year continuous residence. Now, my question is that since my husband is not applying with me, do I still need to say yes to this question and and also, what do I answer to these questions?

3.9) Is settlement requested?

3.10) Have you included any dependants on this application who were not previously dependent on your claim?

3.11) Have you included all dependants on this application who were previously dependent on your claim?

In the guidance part for section 3 it says the following:

You cannot include the following as dependants:

• A spouse, civil partner, same sex partner or other dependant who already has leave in the UK in another category.

I am very confused.

Your help is truly appreciated.

Many thanks

• @pedexe90 said in Applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain Protection SET (P):

do you have any dependents living in the UK

Sorry does no one really know what to say? I thought this was a simple question.

Maybe I should clarify my question again. I want to know whether I need to say yes or no to this question "do you have any dependents living in the UK".

I married my husband last year and he is not applying with nor does he need to as he already has the ILR. I am only applying for myself under the SET (P) route as I have been in the UK for 5 years as a refugee.

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @pedexe90,

As your husband is already settled in the UK he would not be deemed a dependant. A dependant would be someone who is in the UK based on your immigration status such as a husband or child who is granted a visa in line with your right to remain in the UK.

Thanks,

• @lauren Thank you very much for your help Lauren. The reason I asked is because Section 3 is titled "Details of your family" and in the guideline it says "Section 3 must be completed in full in all cases where you have family living with you in the UK".

So do I still need to fill out the section or just simply say no to question 3.1) Do you have any dependants living in the UK? and move on to the next question?

1_1521737872959_Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 16.57.27.png 0_1521737872958_Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 16.56.57.png

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @pedexe90,

You are correct the answer to this question 3.1 would be no

Thanks,