Tier 4 Student Dependent Visa

  • Hello,

    I am a Tier 4 student doing a Level 7 course, i am trying to get my husband to come over on a dependent visa. I would like to know what documents that he has to show and what I, as a primary applicant have to show for him.

    Kindly advise.


  • Immigration Adviser

    Hi @Lavinia

    In order to apply for a dependant visa on your Tier 4 visa, your husband must provide evidence that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship, proof of your immigration status in the UK, that he has accommodation in the UK to come to and that he is able to maintain himself while living in the UK.

    For the maintenance, this will depend on the length of your Tier 4 leave and where you are studying. If you are studying a course for 12 months or more outside of London, your husband must show that he has at least £630 per month (£845 for inside London) for a duration of 9 months, a total of £5670 held for 28 days.

    Many thanks,

Log in to reply