Residence Card

• I would please request clarification for some questions:

I am an EU National and I am planning to move to the UK. I have learned that once in the UK I need to apply for the Registration Certificate;

1. Do I need to apply for the Registration Certificate once in the UK?

My wife is applying to an EEA Family permit (as a direct family member) from outside the UK. I have learned that once in the UK she needs to apply for a Residence Card;

1. Does he need to apply for a Residence Card once in the UK?

I have learned about a premium service that allows to apply for a certain type of VISAS and get the whole process done in a matter of hours.

1. Is it possible to use the premium service to apply for both the Registration Certification (EU National) and the Residence Card (EEA Family Member)?

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @rdeme

As an EEA national and the direct family member of an EEA national, at the current time it is not currently a requirement to apply for any document to prove your residence in the UK as you both automatically have a right to reside in the UK.

However, in saying that, I would recommend making an application for a residence card due to the fact that it avoids a lot of issues with traveling and employment.

Further to this, unfortunately, it is not possible to make EEA applications at the Premium Service Centre and these have to be done via the postal application service.

• Thank you Jason.

I would have another questions.

1. As an EEA national and my wife as a direct family member of an EEA national, do we automatically have also a right to work in the UK?

2. Residence card application will take some months to be done. How can she work (or proof that she can work up till getting the residence card)?.

Thank you.

• Immigration Adviser

@rdeme

1. Yes, that is correct. As the direct family member, your wife's marriage to an EEA national proves her right to work and reside in the UK.

2. This will depend on the individual employer. She will be able to provide evidence to the employer in the form of a marriage certificate and your passport to show that she has a right to work in the UK.