Name change on Passport and Bio-metric Card

  • Hi All

    Can someone please assist me on how to change name on bio-metric card, my wife is on leave to remain and we didn't change the surname on the passport at the time of applying for her visa.

    She now wishes to change her surname, we can change the name on passport by applying for a new one using the marriage certificate but can you please guide how do we then go about changing this on the bio-metric card and UKVI system.


  • any suggestions anyone.

  • Immigration Adviser


    The name printed the Biometric Residence Permit will always match the name in the passport.

    The solution is to change the name in the passport first, then apply for a replacement BRP using the new passport.

Log in to reply