Stamp code A1

  • Hi,
    I have been looking at the options I have regarding me and my Ukrainian wife to enter the UK. I am a UK national and have a UK address and also have a UK business. I have been living in Ukraine since December last year. My question is would it be possible for us to drive to Calais to use the channel tunnel and provide all documents at border control to get the relevant entry stamp. I know my wife has visa free travel throughout Europe execpt the UK. Would she gain entry if we took all relevant paperwork with us ?

  • Immigration Adviser

    Hi @paul1972

    Your wife must apply for entry clearance as the spouse of a British Citizen prior to arriving in the UK. She would not be able to make this application at port.

    There are certain eligibility requirements that must be met such as financial and English language.

    You can find information, including the financial requirement here:

Log in to reply