Tier 2 Dependant - Self-employment

  • Hello,

    I am on a Tier 2 Dependent visa currently full-time employed. In addition to my current job I would like to be able to do some freelance contractor work. Could you please advise whether I am legally allowed to? would I need to register as self-employed with HMRC and pay separate income tax? Thank you very much

  • Immigration Adviser

    Hi @Coneja

    As a PBS dependent you are permitted to work in self-employment. You must register with HMRC and provide self-assessment tax returns.

Log in to reply