Application for Indefinite leave to remain via Spouse visa (after 5 years)

• Hello,

I am currently on a spouse visa (my spouse is a British National), I had to go out of country to apply for the visa, the Visa Starts on October 30 2013 but I did not enter the country until 12th November 2013.

My question is, when am I eligible to apply for ILR, would I need to wait until after 12th November 2018 when I would have completed 5 years in the country, or am I able to apply 28 days before that date?

Also how soon after be granted ILR can I apply for a British citizen been spouse of a British person.

Thank you very much

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @Ola

You are eligible to make an application 28 days before you would reach 5 years from the date that you entered the UK.

If you are the spouse of a British citizen you can apply for citizenship as soon as you have indefinite leave to remain.

• @jason said in Application for Indefinite leave to remain via Spouse visa (after 5 years):

Hi @Ola

You are eligible to make an application 28 days before you would reach 5 years from the date that you entered the UK.

If you are the spouse of a British citizen you can apply for citizenship as soon as you have indefinite leave to remain.

Hi @Jason ,

Thank you very much for your quick reply and for clarifying this for me, much appreciated.