Uk family Visa for baby born thru surrogacy

  • Hi,
    My husband is British passport holder and I am on dependent settlement visa on Indian passport . Due to problems we are to plan for baby thru surrogacy in India and then apply dependent visa.
    Can you please advise as this won't pose any problem. as surrogacy is legal in India but not clear around if there could be any issue from visa perspective.
    Please advise.

  • Immigration Adviser

    Hi @anjali26_99

    Has your husband been British since birth or has he obtained British citizenship in his own right?

    It may be possible that the child would automatically be British if the surrogate mother is single and unmarried. If the surrogate mother is Married, then you would have to make an MN1 application to register the child as British before being able to apply for a British passport.

    I look forward to hearing back from you so I can help you with this further.

Log in to reply