ILR overstay

• I first entered UK 2007 with a student Visa, lived in u.k ever since then, got my indefinite leave to remain 2013. Unfortunately my father died November 2013 few months after I got my ilr, had to rush to Nigeria for his burial, spent two weeks in Nigeria and I went back to UK, spent a few months in u.k then went back to Nigeria 2014, 2016 I went back to UK, spent three months and travelled back to Nigeria. Unfortunately along the line, my mother got ill, mental illness and as her only son, I was left with no option than to cancel all my travelling plans. She's better now, but I have stayed two months over the 2 years permitted on the ilr. I have bought my flight ticket already as I have to be in uk before my wife and daughter's birthday. Has my ilr been automatically revoked? Would I been denied entry at the point of entry in u.k? Please I need to know my chances as I am in the state of dilemma.

• Immigration Adviser

Hi @jayjay1987

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you have been outside of the UK for more than 2 years, you will need to apply for a Returning Resident visa to come back to the UK. You will not be allowed into the UK using your currently ILR. You must show that you plan to return to live in the UK permanently, have strong ties to the UK and you must explain why you have lived outside of the UK.